My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Monday, October 3, 2011

Poppet Master:

So the standard for poppets is to bury them in some neutral or symbolic place, depending on one's personal beliefs and/or preferences. 

Not so much the case with me, as I keep mine, always have. I can trace some of these suckers back almost 20 years, the older ones charged to people I don't even remember anymore.

Anytime I make a poppet, unless it's out of something disposable, I put it in a jar and seal it. Then I use my label maker to put a reference number on the jar, which I can later look up in my Grimoire for the specifics, such as name of the target, date the poppet was made, and spell details. Then I stack the jar on my shelf with all of the others to gloat over.

I call them my "pickled people”.

Any who, my problem is that after 20-odd years of crafting, I'm running out of room for these damn things. I don’t want to throw them out, as just having them around fuels my God-complex, but if I don’t find some type of storage system soon, then the whole lot of them are likely to topple over and crush me to death.

I can just see the headline for that….”Local Warlock murdered by her own Poppets”.

Death by Dollies might be an awesome name for an all female Punk band, but it’s not a very dignified way to kick the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment