My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pain:

Pain is something most people run from, they fear it and do whatever they can to avoid it. I embrace mine. It's not that I'm a masochist. I don't enjoy suffering or get off on it.

I just need it. It's purifying to me, cleansing. Even when I was younger my physical self-destruction always had an element of ritual to it, and as I grew older and made the choice to walk the path I am on, I realized that it was a necessity.

This is how I pray. This is my offering. I was made for pain and I relish in my ability to withstand the worse that life has thrown at me.

When I was younger, people constantly tried to hurt me on a regular basis and yet they never could, not really. I learned how to detach myself, to scorn their pitiful attempts to subdue me.

There's not a single person in this world who has the power to hurt me more than I can hurt myself, and it is in the security of that knowledge that I am able to see them for the pathetic, inferior creatures that they truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment