My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Lady in Orange: by: Ntozake Shange


You don't know me, I am not
a deliberate coquette who never
did without.
What I want and I
wanted to be unforgettable.
I wanted to be a memory,
a wound to every man arrogant enough to want me.
I am the wrath of women in
windows fingerin shades.
Ol lace curtains camouflaging despair and
stretch marks.
I glittered honestly delighted
I am desired and allowed those especially
schemin tactful suitors to experience my body and spirit.
Tearin so easily blending with
theirs.
And they were so happy and lay on
my lime sheets full and wet from
my tongue.
I kissed them reverently even ankles
edges of beards... 

No comments:

Post a Comment