My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First Snowfall of the Year:

I just collected a bottle of snow for future ritual use.

Yes, I know it will eventually melt and turn into "water", but winter is sacred to me. I don't typically observe the Winter Solstice, because I worshiped the whole of Winter long before I had ever heard of it. From the ending of the Autumn months, until the first days of Spring, I am both enchanted and enthralled with Winter, and as such, snow holds a particularly special meaning to both me and my spiritual path. Every snowfall, made even more precious to me given that they occur so seldom here, I save and freeze a single snowball, which I later offer up as a sacrifice.

Water made from snow is as important to me as Holy Water would be to a Catholic. I use it for anointing, and will even drink small sips of it for purification rituals. 


 

This is something I have always done, consuming snow in some way or another for either empowerment or purification. It's just another one of those things I've always believed. And like a good portion of the parts of my practice which are based around instinct, or my own personal belief, it has always seemed to do the trick.

But then, that could simply be due to the fact that I believe it.

I also, in the rare event that enough snow can be found, make snow Poppets, for either beneficial or malefic reasons.

Snowmen make for some awesome mediums when it comes to blessings and/or hexing.


No comments:

Post a Comment