My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lilith Hype:



I've never understood the fascination with Lilith. I get that her modern reinventions could be seen as some icon for feminine independence and strength, despite the fact that when her entire "biblical" history was pulled out of some Hebrew scholars asses back in the dark ages, she was seen as a creature that murdered children and caused miscarriages, but a vampiric seductress? Some queen of Succubae? What idiot came to that conclusion?

It's bullshit.

If you're going to go digging around in the Bible for a Succubus mascot, then at least look to characters such as Salome, or Jael, or even Delilah for Frith's sake.

Hell, Delilah used her sexuality to literally drain the power out of Samson, one of the most powerful men alive at the time. If that doesn't scream Succubus, then I don't know what does.

I only omitted Jezebel because I see her more as a Priestess/Sorceress type, than an actual seductress.



No comments:

Post a Comment