My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Eclectic:

Eclectic has always been a favorite word of mine, yet I do not identify as an Eclectic Pagan.

Yes, I do believe in the existence of all of the Gods of every religion past, present and future. I don't even really question the existence of Xenu, I just think his cult is weird.

But, I do not practice the beliefs of other religions as part of my own. I will show respect to other religions and their practices, but it is completely separate from my own belief system.

To me, an Eclectic Pagan is one whose spiritual/religious beliefs are a blend of the beliefs of other religions.

I don't celebrate the typical Solstices and so forth that a lot of Neo-Pagans do. I have always honored Halloween, because of the energy generated on that day. I also feel a similar sensation during Christmas, but for me, all of the winter months/weeks/days are equally sacred. I honor the entirety of Winter.

I hold Valentines day equally sacred as the first of May for the same reasons I do Halloween.....the energy. When enough people give off a certain vibe, it changes the entire atmosphere, and I am sensitive to those changes.

My "holy days" revolve around the Moon.

I believe that the universe was created by Chaos, and so I worship that as well as the Darkness, as it was she who called me.

There is no real name for what type of Pagan I am, because my entire religion is based around visions and Dreams.

Basically my faith has no title because I haven't been given one yet.

I might be eccentric, insane and delusional even, but I am not eclectic. At least not so far as my religion goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment