My photo
"The whip hurts, but I measure power by my ability to withstand it...not in your strength in using it."

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sticks & Stones:


Whenever I scry with runes, I rarely use stones.....I have some nice rune stones, but mostly they gather dust on my altar.

Instead I prefer to scry through sticks. I have 31 bamboo sticks (when I began using them, I didn't know jack about the meanings behind different trees, I just picked them because our yard at the time was overrun with the shit and I liked the way they looked). The sticks are about 4-5 inches long and about as thick as a pinky finger bone. I keep them in a basket and toss them on the ground whenever I wish to use this particular medium.Then I just lose myself in the patterns the sticks make, until a shape jumps out at me, which I compare to whatever rune symbol the configuration brings to mind.

I also do this with trees during the winter months. I'll stare at their branches, meditation on the various patterns until I see the shape of a rune. It's kinda like looking into one of those magic eye pictures and trying to find whatever shape is hidden within them. It's not nearly as efficient as grabbing a few stones or bones out of a bag, but it's what works for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment